Friday, October 10, 2008

We celebrate small successes

From Sammy:

What I think my favorite place is going to be is, it might be Chicago. It was pretty fun because I got to go to the American Girl Store. Don't make me start and American Girl story. Okay, I will. The Amercian Girl store is a store that has all these dolls, and they like clothing and dogs and stuff like that. They have shoes, they have a bed and hair stuff. They even have ear piercing and a hair salon. And what else would you like me to tell about Chicago? My brother and my Dad, they went to Wrigely Field while my Mom and my sister went to the American Girl store. And right now we are in Springfield. That's the Lincoln place where Lincoln grew up as a man. Lincoln is a president. He wanted the black man from the slavery to be free. He thought slavery was not a good idea beacuae the white man and the black man should have the same priviledges. And the black man should have the same priviledges as the white man. And I think it's a good idea. Lincoln, he was very famous guy. We saw him at Mt. Rushmore. At Chicago we saw lots of smokers but we just walked by, so I dont' want to live in Chicago, that's for sure, because I am not a smoker person. And that will be it for today. Thanks a lot, bye!

From Lilly:

HI! I have been having a wonderful time. We saw Wicked, and I loved it. At the KOA (in Springfield) we met some new friends. I like them a lot.
From, Lilly


Jackson would write, but he's out tending the fire. That's one of the small successes. I find that I am celebrating the little things. Today, for example, I got laundry done, homework accomplished, and dinner made. Not a dinner of culinary prowess, but one that used both the stove and the burners, and nothing caught on fire. That all warrented a Fire Tire no less. The kids loved it. I also, for the first time in almost 6 weeks, sat down in the late afternoon and read my book. The kids were so happy playing in the park, I acutally took time to read which was a treat. We were supposed to drive to Hannibal today, but I didn't have the energy. Instead we have our first campfire (other places have not allowed them), and the stars are out. Tomorrow we'll pack up and leave. There's still dishes to do, and I think my fire just went out. Maybe I should have waited to celebrate that success.

No comments: