Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Chicago, Part 1

WE HAD SO MUCH FUN IN THE WINDY CITY! I'm ruined for a couple of reasons. One, the bed at the Westin is going to be hard to leave. Litterally, as I pulled out of the driveway, I was a bit wistful leaving our Chicago base. Sleeping back in the RV is not the same! Two, I had to leave guaranteed good pizza and a great breakfast every day.

Mike came in and all 5 of us spent the weekend seeing the sites. Everything from Jack's bday at Wrigley Field, Hancock, tower, American Girl, pizza, The Grand Lux Cafe (we never orderd a meal, we just ate dessert!), Michigan Ave, Millenium Park, architect tour (and according to Lilly it was better than the Hoover Dam--her low point on the trip so far), Wicked and the grand finale, TINA TURNER live. She was amazing, and as we entered the arena, the ticket checker commented, "Wow, I think you guys are the youngest here. Guess your Mom dragged you out here, didn't she?!" Sammy almost fell asleep, but Tina's closer was Proud Mary. The kids stood up and danced and sang and loved every minute. It was absolutely fabulous.

Tuesday we drove to Springfield, Ill., the state capitol. We drove down in the rain, grabbed some lunch and then toured the Lincoln Museum. I think it was our favorite museum so far, and we may have to go back before leaving this great city. We found our campground, had a dinner of peanut butter and crackers, and re-grouped a bit in the RV. I have, again, lost all my food, found out my kitchen sink leaks, and there is mold in the fridge since I couldn't plug it in in Chicago. Looks like I know what I'll be working on today! At our campground, we're directly across from the park and the mini golf. The kids love it. We are having an all-day school day to catch up on a few things. School continues to be my greatest challege. Time is so hard to come by, and when I'm driving, I can't help them etc. The other great challenge is keeping the RV in some sort of order so I don't go nuts.

I'm about ready to give up on the fridge and just buy crackers and cheese as we go! I'm having a hard time posting pictures, so I'll try and do it in another blog...stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW So much stuff in one stop! You guys are on a roll...and the Heavenly Bed to boot?! >swoon<

Miss you!