Thursday, October 2, 2008

True Confessions and Many Thanks

We made it to our FABULOUS hotel right outside of Chicago. Thank you
Jeff! When the kids and I gathered our things to "move in," I came
across the Boredom Bag. I had put it in a very safe place, one that was
not in direct reach of the kids, and a little out of sight for
protection. It is fitting that today I pull it out, seeing that we've
been on the road for one month. Truthfully, I haven't had a chance to
get bored, but today I was able to go through all the wonderful cards,
notes, games, gifts etc. I am very sorry for not thanking you all so
much sooner. It was like Christmas to open the bag and see all the nice
surprises. Thank you all so much. I was so touched by everyone's
thoughtfulness.
So now we are awaiting Mike's arrival late tonight. We are hunkered
down with "Dances With Wolves," as we just drove through that part of
the country in S. Dakota. It's hard for the kids to understand, as the
sub-titles can't be seen on our little DVD player. Tomorrow we'll
celebrate Jack's birthday. Since Mike doesn't get in until midnight,
all 3 of them are convinced they can wait up for him. If they do, most
of you can guess how tomorrow will go!
Again, thank you so much for your generousity. Not only will we never
get bored, but we are well cared for in many ways.

Sammy took some video at Field of Dreams. When I do these posts, I am not always given the icon to attach a video. Hope it works.

3 comments:

Sharon said...

Love the field of dreams photos. Have fun for Jack's birthday and Mike's arrival!! And, staying at a hotel :-)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the video...it works! Look out Marty Scorsese...Sammy's got a video camera!

Hilary said...

Have fun in the Windy City! Don't forget to go to that great pizza place that we went to a million years ago.