Sunday, October 19, 2008

Success in Lexington





Another great day for the RoadScholarz. It was, again, beautiful. We had a COLD night, in the 30s, so in the night I had to get out extra sleeping bags. The day included math, park, mini golf, bikes, a walk (alone!) for me, ping pong and packing up the RV to leave Louisville. We left for Lexington and only had an hour and twenty minute drive. There really are rolling green hills with white fences and horses. It's just like I heard it to be. Our campsite is in Kentucky Horse Park, and our site is right next to tennis courts and a park!! The kids and I played tennis, a first on the trip, did art (which was really fun), and had our second campfire (but our first successful one). We ate dinner outside, and our neighbor, Homer (yes, that is for real his name), came over with more wood for our fire. I *love* talking to the RV park grandparents. I met another grandpa, and he told me (as he was passing by to the bathrooms), that his wife always says to him, "You talk to everyone. You go out to the bathrooms, and it takes you an hour because you talk to everyone." I just loved it. The kids roasted marshmellows, and our "last first" for the day was our first in-house movie, Lassie. I made up one bed, and the kids snuggled down for the night under our Halloween lights. What a great day!! This is sooo fun!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! What FUN- so glad to hear you guys are having a great time!!

TimoteoB said...

Awesome--can I come next trip?