Monday, October 20, 2008

Alone time in Wal-Mart



Some of you may be wondering if I get any alone time. When the kids are driving me too crazy, fighting over who gets to hold my hand, who gets to sit next to me, who gets to sleep on the top bunk with me, who gets to eat by me etc (sometimes I think they'd crawl back into the womb if they could), I can go a little NUTS! It's nice to be loved, but I need to be loved a little farther away than the RV permits sometimes. That said, I've become creative with my alone time since it is nearly impossible to get. When the kids and I go to Wal-Mart (which they love), I give them one walkie-talkie, and I take the other. We split up, and I get to shop alone. I call them every now and then to find out where they are and if they are lost. The walkie talkies are the perfect compliment to my shopping experience. They enable my alone time. I used to not like Wal-mart, but now I look forward to finding one. Not only do I get my paper plates there, but I get "Alone Time."

We did school this morning and then went off the the Horse Camp near by. It was a beautiful ranch but a total bust for horse back riding. Jack and Lil road for less than 25 minutes for their trail ride. Sam rode on a pony in a pen the size of a small cul-de-sac. We left sooner than we had planned as I planted the seed, "Wal-Mart." And this is a SUPER Wal-Mart which means it has a grocery store in it. They were all happy to leave, and after shopping we came back to our quiet camp. Not much going on here as the weekend is over. It's very quiet, and I feel like we have the place to ourselves.

We had another successful campfire, and the kids were able to roast hot dogs and marshmellows. I forced carrots into the mix just to make me feel better. And I had a beer to celebrate.

From Lilly:
Today we went to this lame horse park. I went on a 23 minute trail ride, when it was supposed to be 45 minutes. The Wal-Mart was better than the Horse Park, I have to admit. I did a claw machine and won a HSM necklace. It was really fun. When we got back, we played tennis and had a fire. My eyes really hurt because of the smoke. Our fire was going down when I was able to get down our grill. So I said to my Mom, "Do you mind if I put some kinling in the fire?" She said it was fine. I roasted a hot dog and marshmellows. All together Sammy, Jackson and I burnt seven marshmellows. It was a very fun day because of my Mom.

From Sammy:
Today we went to the Kentucky Horse Camp. I was too young for the horse rides. I had to ride on a pony. The ride on the pony was like a block for the three laps. It was a little bit like a block. I got to ride a brown and white one. From, Sammy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is it bad that I know what HSM is??

Envious of your "winter" clothes...we're heating back up again this week..

Superfly said...

>Today we went to this lame >horse park.

Classic. I laughed out loud.