Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Go Hoosiers! We're 1/2 there...




I find it very hard to believe that today marks our 1/2 way point, 6
weeks on the road, and only 6 weeks left to go! It's flying by, and I
imagine it will only go faster and faster.
No one would believe how beautiful it is here in Bloomington, Indiana.
When we drove from Springfield yesterday, we came in on this country
road, lined with trees full of red, yellow and orange leaves. I have
not see fall colors like this since I was in Vermont 20 plus years ago.
My mind is telling me it should be cold with all the fall around us,
but it's close to 80 degrees, despite rain showers. Where did the cold
go?!
We arrived at Mike's co-worker's home, Sonal, and her husband, Ross,
just in time for homemade, deep dish pizza. Ross could put every pizza
restaurant to shame with his own signature dish. It was so good, I am
still thinking about it. And, if I knew them better, I would have
inhaled the whole thing, but I was trying not to scare them. Sonal and
Ross live on 2 acres with a creek full of geodes (rocks with crystals
inside). They also live in a real log cabin. The kids went crazy. I'll
be lucky to get them back in the RV. Lilly LOVES rocks and gems, so she
and Jack went straight to the creek. Sam was happy playing (read
scaring) Sonal and Ross' two black cats, Minx and Jinx.
After sleeping in the RV, we woke up to the sound of chirping crickets.
We ate a quick breakfast and made our way up to Indiana State
University. It was beautiful, like the campus of Boulder a little bit.
From there we drove 20 miles to a little town called Nashville for
lunch. Again, our route took us over rolling country roads lined with
miles of fall colors.
In the afternoon the kids hammered away at their rocks and played in
the creek. We actually got some homework done before dinner with Ross
and Sonal. Tomorrow we head to Louisville, KY. Blogger gave the chance
post a video, so I will try and put one from the Tina concert. Hope you
can see it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mama mia! I happen to be pretty fond of rocks and gems myself ;).. all those geodes? Heaven! I can't wait to see the collection when you guys get home.