Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Louisville Slugger




When I woke up this morning at Sonal's, we watched leaves faling like they were rain drops. The whole driveway was covered. It was so pretty. After packing up and saying our goodbyes, we headed towards Louisville, KY. We only had a 2-hour drive to the Louisville Slugger Museum. Jack's eyes about fell out of his head. He got to hold bats that belonged to Honus Wagner, Jackie Robinson and Babe Ruth. We toured the factory and learned all aobut how they make the bats. At the end, they gave us all souvenir bats which was great.

The museum was downtown, like being in downtown San Francisco, so I had no idea where to take the RV. I decided to head south, out of the city, hoping to find a little more room to roam. We happily found a Buca di Beppo, about which I was thrilled. Dinner, a glass of wine and an hour later, we found the Days Inn just down the road. I couldn't find a campground, and I really wanted to watch thre debate.

I pulled up to the Days Inn and saw someone bbq-ing in the parking lot. I knew I was amongst my people... a little scary too!
The hotel is lousy. In fact, I'd rather sleep in the RV! But it has a TV and we all showered. Tomorrow we'll look for a campground. I think they are cleaner than this place.

No comments: