Monday, November 3, 2008

Roadside service, Mississippi style



You know, better than the ATM (which rates HI in my book) is roadside RV service. My generator and my propane weren't working which really can limit a gal on the road.

On our drive to Vicksburg today, I decided to try and find some service once we got into town. We checked into a campground right by the Vicksburg Nat'l Cemetary. Driving through the campground, I got pretty creeped out and turned right around and left. My gut said this was not the place for us. We went back to one other campground that I scoped out earlier and parked us there for the night. It is soo much nicer, brighter etc. It is, however, a varitable parking lot. Not bad-flat, which is fun for scooters, and I can do some laps around the park for some exercise.

I called the RV service-on-wheels, and Willie came to my rescue. I have a dead battery (for the generator, not the engine) and he also got my gas going again. I wanted to hug the two guys. Tomorrow I have to go to Wal-Mart and get a new battery. The kids were happy about that bit of news! We'll go after we tour the battle grounds.

Homework and reading for tonight. The other good news is the office here has a TV in the lounge, so tomorrow we can watch some of the election! It's also 80 degrees. Just like home.

1 comment:

Banana Bread Karen said...

HI GB, Jackson, Lily and Sam~ It's SO amazing to read about your adventures...I hope one of you or all of you will write a book about your trip! What an incredible experience for you all. GB I LOVE the pictures taken by the pond with the mill (?) in the background! I'd love to get a copy of that blown up, it truly is one of the most beautiful photos I've seen.
SO great Mike came to see you and I can only imagine how happy you all were to see him!! Nothing like a great big hug from your dad!!
Looking forward to reading about the rest of your adventures on the home stretch home. GB, thanks for your email and post card. You are so thoughtful to send them. You ARE SO organized...and again, I'm nominating you for MOM OF THE CENTURY!!
much love and lots of hugs ~
bananabreadkaren