Saturday, November 15, 2008

New Mexico-TLC for the RV

We are now on central mountain time. When we crossed the state line, we changed, and we are now only one hour ahead of San Diego.

It's beautiful here-desert climate and very cold. We left Ft. Stockton and arrived in Carlsbad in time to wash the RV (got the first of many layers of dirt and dead bugs off), an oil change and vacuumed the RV. We did all that and then had time to visit the Living Desert Museum. It was nice to let the kids run around as Lilly was a complete spaz case. I told her that she could walk ahead of me or behind me but not NEAR me, as I might push her into a cactus.

Our campground is huge and beautiful. It's very cold. Funny to think that 3 nights ago it was near 80 degrees and we were night swimming. I think it will be in the 30s tonight. Great for star gazing.

The intenet is not great here, so I'll probaly check back in once we get to Albuquerque--Tues or Wed. And I can't post pictures either. Maybe next time! We'll visit Carlsbad Caverns tomorrow and/or Monday.

No comments: