Wednesday, September 3, 2008

We did it!

Day 1 is under our belt, we were very excited! After an amazing send-off party at the Fortunes, we spent our last night in San Diego having an RV picnic dinner with Mike at Lake Murray. We finished all our packing and left on Tuesday morning at 10. The drive to Vegas went pretty smoothly. My favorite part of the day was glancing back over my shoulder to see that Lilly and Sam had put the couch down, snuggled back with their pillows and were reading books. Jackson was sitting at the dinette reading his homework. Pretty great! We sang songs, watched 4 very long trains go by, and arrived at our friend's, Liana, house seven hours later. Using some of our gas gift cards, (thanks everyone!!) we made it in just one gas stop. Liana and Bradon prepared a great dinner for us, and the kids and I slept in the RV parked on the street. It was a great first day.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hooray! We're so happy for you guys! We can't wait to see where you post from next :)

xoxo, Julie and Kate

Sharon said...

Yeah! Great to see your first post as the adventure begins.
Hugs,
Sharon & boys

daphne said...

Dear Gretchen and Family: I am so proud of your forsight for this exciting journey, great idea! Can't wait to share the journey with you via the "blog" site. Much love, Daphne.

Amy Hiett said...

Hi dears -- what a tremendous adventure. I'm bookmarking your blog right now! Love, Amy

chickensmama said...

Hi Gretchen et al. My mom told me about this and I'll definitely be watching you. This sounds really adventuresome. You go girl!

chickensmama said...

Sorry I forgot to sign off on the last one....chickensmama is Hilary (Stoermer). Have fun!