Friday, September 19, 2008

Grand Teton National Park

I woke up this morning to find that it was my favorite kind of morning outside... very cool and crisp, the perfect fall day. Kids slept in, and we ate breakfast kind of late. After shopping around town, we drove into Teton park.

Words do not do this park justice. It is one of the most beautiful
places I've been, and I think is now my favorite of our trip. As we
entered the park and viewed the mountains for the first time, Iliterally
gasped and got goosebumps. The colors are changing, so the all the
yellow is quite a nice contrast with the blue skies and the mountains.

The kids and I leisurely drove through the park, stopping to take pictures
of any animals. Once in our campground, we ate a late lunch in the RV,
took off our bikes and rode all around. We walked down to the lake,
which is cold like Tahoe, and stopped at the visitor center.

After dinner (mac-n-cheese and broccoli!), we walked down to the ranger
campfire program. By the end, Sam was just about asleep in my lap, and
the big kids crawled easily into bed. Will try and add pictures later--blog thing not working, and I'm done for now.

1 comment:

Kim Prendergast said...

Sounds like the beauty of the country is fortunately outshining the negatives of motorhome ownership!
Growing up, our family nemisis was any boat that we were in...it leaked, it sank, it had engine trouble! So yes..."It's all part of the adventure!"
Hang in there...sounds like you are having a ball!
Love, Kim