Friday, September 12, 2008

TGIF!

Well, thank goodness we slept in Krissy and Ray's house last night. We woke up after a night of pouring rain to find that one of the windows in the RV leaks, and it leaks quite a bit. The entire left side of the dinette bench was soaked. Water had leaked in, soaked the seat and even the storage space underneath was very wet. We were lucky it wasn't our bed that night.

The kids and I had a 9am tour reservation at the Denver Mint, so Krissy lent us her car, and off we went, leaving the puddle of water behind.

The Mint was great. We were amazed to learn that at the Denver Mint produces about 2 1/2 million dollars in coins a day! And, the state quarter collection was the most popular collection ever. It was raining as we left the tour, so we ran back to the car and headed back to Krissy's.

I was glad to have a rainy day schedule. It provided just the opportunity to catch up on school. We brought out the books and did some catch up. I was also able to get the RV into a repair shop. Not only is Steve, the nice RV man, fixing my propane problem, but he's also fixing my leak, taking care of my fuel hoses, and changing a number of my fluids. We'll be back on the road (safely) on Monday.

It was also the perfect day to restock the cookie dough. Made quite the batch, I may add. Kids are downstairs singing their hearts away on the karoake. We may just stay in Denver, skip the rest of our trip and super impose pictures on the blog. That was Krissy's idea.

2 comments:

lmorelan1@aol.com said...

Not sure if the other post worked...we are enjoying watching your journey!

XO
The Morelans

Bisconti 5 said...

everything sounds great and I'm so glad you got to spend some time with Mike. I know how hard that must be when he leaves again.
Really loving watching your progress! Our life seems so mundane with Back to School nights, soccer practice, homework, etc. in comparison to yours.
love always,
db