Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Last night in Moab


From Jackson:
this trip has been a great experrience for me. But so far I htink Moab is going to be the best. I think it's the best because out of everything, there is arches, hummer tours, bike rides, hiking, and at this campground, fishing for minnows. the Grand Canyon was pretty spectacular but Moab, overall, has been more exciting.

Today we visited Arches. if you're thinking about a family trip, go there. You can climb on most of the arches and see where Indiana Jones was filmed. If you go to the movie about Arches (in the Visitor Center), you'll hear that old bank robber gangs and train thieves would hide out in Canyonlands. The hid there because the marshalls and sheriffs weren't familiar with the area. And the bank robbers knew the area so could hide really well.

The slick rock hummer tour would be any kids favorite moment on a vacation. Teh history of Moab and Arches and Canyonland is so big, it's hard to take it all in at once. The End.

From Sammy:
H,i I am Sammy, and this is our big adventure. We're going around the US and we're going to go to 16 states and 1 country. And my Mom, Gretchen, is homeschooling us for 3 months. We are going around the US in an RV. It's going to be very fun. Except the homework isn't that fun. But that's how it's going to be. My favorite state has been I think Utah. It has been the most fun. And I'll tell you all the stuff that we have been doing. It is swimming, seeing our babysitter, her name is Liana, and then we saw Hoover Dam and we saw this most great campground. The name is Portal RV. It's in Moab. Also we catched minnows and we caught a frog.
From, Sammy

2 comments:

EcoLexi said...

Hi jack, lilly, sammy and auntie GB,
Mom reads me and Erik your adventures every night. I love to see the pictures on the computer.
I am going to share this with my teacher and my class friends. My teacher, Mrs. Scheopp will like your adventure.
When you come home I want to show you my lost front tooth.
Hugs and kisses,
Lexi xoxo

Sharon said...

Excellent update Kids! You are having so much fun. Wait to you see the rest of your adventures!
Hugs,
Sharona